1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Skeptical but willing

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DRF74, Aug 17, 2019.

1. DRF74

DRF74 Newcomer

Hello, I have what I believe to be is cpps brought on by a very bad reaction to an antibiotic. I guess maybe it is cpps brought on by TMS because of the antibiotic, I'm just not sure really. I do know one thing for sure and that is, I hurt. I've had test after test and antibiotics that did nothing. My doctors don't seem to know what to do so here I am somewhat skeptical but definitely believing that TMS is real.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy...best thing I can recommend when you are having doubts is to look for inconsistencies in your symptoms. For example, does the pain flare when at rest, but subsides when doing an activity? That doesn't make much sense and is generally a sign of TMS. You may also want to dive into the journaling (good exercises even if you don't have TMS). If you let out any repressed emotions you have, you may notice the pain lessening, which would be a great indicator that it is TMS. Good luck!