1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 - really hopeful and excited to start my 'new life'!!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cathy, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Cathy

Cathy New Member

hi everyone,

My husband has just completed the educational program with absolutely fantastic and quick results and I am very excited about undertaking it myself now too. I am THE perfect "TMS" personality and, like so many others have said, see myself "jumping off the pages" of Sarno's books!!I have very few hesitations in accepting this as my diagnosis.

My TMS symptoms manifest not in back/neck/knee pain, but in chronic and extensive skin issues. I have had "bad skin" all my life (eczema, skin infections, unexplained hives, allergies, severe dryness, unbearable itching, rashes) and would literally have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on seeing every doctor imaginable and trying every lotion and potion and therapy and diet out there - all ultimately to no avail - the physical 'pain' and discomfort, frustration and upset and anger and self-consciousness know no end...

This year my 'skin issues' have ramped up like never before and I have, for the first time in my life, really had to fight off the 'black dog' of depression as a result - something had to be done... I have three boys (twins aged 9 and a 4 year old) and life is full on, I simply couldn't crawl into a hole and stop functioning as much as I wanted to so often, I just honestly couldn't see how to keep going and how I was going to keep going with this chronic issue for the rest of my life.

And then, thank God, we were introduced to TMS by our brother-in-law who was 'healed' from RSI a number of years ago by taking the TMS journey.

I wish all of you starting this journey too the very best and look forward to sharing my success with you and hopefully hearing of your victories also.

Cathy.

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome here Cathy. This is a lively and very friendly community, and as you're aware of the boons of healing, it only remains to say 'dive in'.

3. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

Welcome! This is a great place ;-) I really don't think there's a single person in modern society who couldn't benefit greatly by doing this program and releasing some emotional baggage. Good luck!

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome, Cathy. I appreciate your enthusiasm and commitment! Keep us posted and feel free to ask any questions along the way. There are many wise and compassionate people on this forum who will be happy to help in any way they can.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Your boys sure must keep you busy and more. No wonder your TMS has come up as skin problems.

Maybe you could start writing a book about your life as a mom of the twins and the younger son.
    It could be like journaling. It could be written as fiction or nonfiction. I bet that besides the stresses
    there would be some laughs. Just a thought, Ellen. I've written novels and nonfiction books for the
    8 to 12 age group and bet you have plenty of good material to write about.

Take some heart in knowing that eventually your skin conditions will clear up,
    hopefully before the boys grow up.