1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - Original diagnosis Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by PositivelyIrish, Feb 7, 2018.

1. PositivelyIrish

PositivelyIrish New Member

I have had various pain symptoms for about 15 years, tension headaches, leg pain etc also allergies and nervous tics since childhood. When I was pregnant 11 years ago I developed severe pain which was diagnosed as Fibromyalgia about 4 years later. What always confused me about this diagnosis is that although the symptoms were exactly as described, excruciating pain, severe fatigue, problems sleeping I knew there was nothing physically wrong with me. I explained to many people that although I could feel the most awful pain I knew there was nothing wrong with the area the pain was coming from. I got the impression the professionals thought I was being a bit silly with my odd ideas. It has been a huge relief through reading these pages to know that although the pain is very real, it is my mind playing tricks on my body. Although I have to be honest and say that I am not looking forward to the process over the next 6 weeks I am very hopeful of a positive outcome.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome! I have healed using the SEP and other tms progs, and after 22 years of 'so called' fibromyalgia!! Am now firing on all cyclinders - so go for it - you are in good company!

3. PositivelyIrish

PositivelyIrish New Member

Thank you very much hecate 105 for the supportive words