1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 - here I go!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Amy_NoMorePain, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Amy_NoMorePain

Amy_NoMorePain Newcomer

I'm so hopeful. As I start writing I can feel tears welling up from the mere chance that this will help me. I've been researching and reading success stories for almost a week now, and I'm so excited and inspired by everyone.

I've been in pain for about 15 years, starting in my mid 20's. It started as tension knots in my shoulders and neck and I kept putting it off thinking I'd get around to it at some point... or I'd go on vacation and relax... or whatever excuse I was using at the time.

When my dear Grandmother passed away, (I was her primary care giver), my pain got a lot worse. I didn't notice the correlation right away, and I distracted myself by working and pushing myself very hard.

I've tried everything I can think of; physical therapy, massage, Rolfing, chiropractic adjustments, drugs, Graston therapy, traction, electrolysis, reflexology, acupuncture, and trigger point injections. Nothing helped. The only thing that helps is extended vacations when I can really unwind and relax. I thought that might be because I wasn't sitting at a desk all day, I could sleep in, do yoga, etc. I daydream at work about quitting my job and moving to Costa Rica. I talk about it all the time and it seems like the only way out of my situation. Like living daily life with work, traffic, errands, is just too much for my poor body to handle..?

Recently, my doctor suggested that my pain might be emotional and suggested Dr. Sarno's book 'Healing Back Pain.' To be honest, I was initially offended because I thought she was suggesting it was all 'in my head.' But, I google searched and ordered the book within the hour. I was overwhelmed by all the similarities to me and my situation.

So, here I am. Open-minded, hopeful, nervous, exhausted, and ready.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    georgethee and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum!

You've come to right place. Recovery is possible. Just jump in and get started. Let us know how you're doing. Feel free to ask questions at any time. We are all here to support one another.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Amy:

I echo Ellen, plus: how awesome is your doctor?!!!!:joyful: