1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 Current stress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JTaylor, Jan 18, 2022.

1. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

Today’s journal activity was very therapeutic for me. I have been under so much stress lately and I hardly ever take the time to acknowledge that. I feel like I just have to keep going all the time. When I started writing today I found that I couldn’t stop. I have so many feelings and emotions today and I really needed that outlet. My husband is in a different continent to me at the moment and there’s no way for us to visit each other due to COVID regulations where he lives. We are trying to apply for his visa to move here permanently right now, but it will be around 6 months before he can move here if all goes to plan, and we’ve already been apart for more than 5 months. It’s just really hard dealing with everything without my main support system.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I can sympathize! When my husband and I were married we had to apply for immigration afterwards, and save money for my move so we could not see each other often. I couldn't visit his country before my move legally either. It was a very difficult and strange year.
    Can you find more support? Build a little support team? One of the things I did yo support myself is write letters to those who need my support. In return all offered theirs too in various ways. My friend who moved states and bought her own home alone, my Mom in another country (even though we still talk on the phone), my MIL and friends who have had cancer. It’s been amazing to develop my friendships more deeply. Part of this journey is finding you time. To think, reflect and just be without having to do something or be something. Its ok to just exist!

JTaylor likes this.
  3. JTaylor

JTaylor New Member

Thanks so much for your reply. I have some support here and people I can talk to about it. It just feels strange because we loved together for around 7 years before I moved back to England, so it’s just a big change and I was quite emotional yesterday. I talked to some friends about it today and it helped to talk about it and vent a little. We also talked about future plans and that made me quite excited for the future. I love the last message you wrote. It’s something that we all need to remind ourselves sometimes.