1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

current meditation practices

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by CSanders703, Oct 18, 2022.

1. CSanders703

CSanders703 Newcomer

Hello, my name is Craig Sanders, and I'm excited to join the forum. Does anyone want to share a few links to their current meditation practices?
    Although I am using a free one, I am always interested in seeing what others use.

Cap'n Spanky, Sita and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Sita

Sita Well known member

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I get the Calm app free as a Kaiser Permanente (WA) member, although that may differ by state.

I also subscribe to the Ten Percent Happier app because I really like the pragmatism of the author of the book and the founder of the app (Dan Harris the newscaster, not the actual meditator Dan Harris - interestingly). They often directly address current world and existential distress, which was really helpful during the initial pandemic and shutdown back in 2020, and they also addressed social justice and inequity issues as those rose to the top of the headlines later on. They have good weekly podcasts (free) and a terrific weekly newsletter (probably also free?) and of course a free trial of the app. Sometimes they have "challenges" where you are encouraged to complete a certain number of days on a special topic, and I believe that those are often, if not always, free to try. The most recent was about anxiety.

I've heard good things about the UCLA offerings!

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  5. alishakihn

alishakihn Guest

Like any practice, you have to want to do it to get results. It can be difficult to start a meditation practice because meditation seems so foreign to what we are taught. But I have good news: Meditation is much simpler than we think about it or describe it. To start practicing meditation, the only requirement is your gentle readiness. Your desire to experience something new is all you need to set out on a new path.

[MODERATOR EDIT: this post is from a spammer. A link (neutralized) was added to the OP's quoted post, supposedly for an online game from what could be determined without linking to it]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2023
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This most recent post is spam - note the link in the quote which was added - it's supposedly for an online game. I'm removing the actual hyperlink, and putting the user into moderation, but I'm keeping the post because I think it's educational! If you see posts like this (generic, bland, impersonal), almost always reviving old threads, it's often spammers and scammers who add links, either now or later.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.