1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 Current anxiety

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, May 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

One of my current anxieties is around finding a new career. I left my last job 6 months ago, after 10 years with the company, because of some serious mistreatment and disrespect from my boss and the corporate office. I felt so at peace with the decision. Since then, I've applied and applied and applied. I've gotten some interviews, some second interviews, but no job offers yet. I know it's only a matter of time until the right fit comes along. My mind lately has been drifting to my pain and the prospects of still dealing with it at a new job. Will my new boss be better than the last? Will my co-workers welcome me? What if my pain dramatically increases because of the stress of a new job? I definitely have a case of the "what ifs?" I'm traveling in a week and a half to Oregon. Will I miss out on an interview or job offer while I'm away? Maybe I feel some guilt for not yet securing that next job. I've still been working, part-time for a friend of the family's private investigation company. The pay is good, and part of me wishes it could turn into a full time job. There just isn't 40+ hours available at this point in time. I definitely feel like my partially unemployed status opens up some old low self-esteem issues from my past.

- Matt

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Matt. I would try to look forward to the Oregon trip as a much-deserved vacation. Be confident that you will not miss a job call while you're gone. If someone does call, they're sure to call back. Try to think positive about your future job... that you will like it and be liked, by your boss and co-workers.

You're fortunate to have the part-time work and pay. Don't let your Inner Bully lower your self-esteem. Reflect back on all your accomplishments. Let that dominate your thinking. It's Monday... we can't expect much of Monday's. haha

We've had four days of rain and more coming this afternoon. I'm having a cup of hot milk. It does wonders to cheer up and lift the spirit.

MSZ812 likes this.