1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Creating "Postive Results of my Pain" list...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by brianleejackson, Mar 13, 2012.

1. brianleejackson

brianleejackson Peer Supporter

I found that once I got through the roughest part of my TMS that creating a list of positive results was very helpful. I am currently applying for new jobs, and found this old document :) I thought I would share it with you.

Most of these were written when I was still not back working full time at my job.

THE POSITIVE RESULTS OF MY PAIN
    God uses painful predicaments and experiences to cultivate our character; for there are some lessons that can only be learned in the crucible of pain.

1. New founded relationship with Jesus Christ. “Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, Persecutions and calamities for the sake of Christ; for Whenever I am weak, then I am strong”- 2 Corinthians 12:10
    2. A whole different outlook on life and what is truly important. It doesn’t matter what we have, what we own, or how much money we earn; for 10 months I would have given up everything I owned just to be pain free.
    3. I have come to realize how important exercise and diet really is and how it affects our bodies. I have a whole new appreciation for exercise and will never stop working out or drinking plenty of water.
    4. Learned to enjoy and appreciate the little things in life.
    5. Realized how many things I took for granted before and how blessed I have been.
    6. Learned how to stretch a dollar twice as far.
    It is coming up on almost 2 years now in May that I have been back at work full time plus going to school to finish out my degree. I look back at this list and all of these still apply today. My life is actually better because of what I went through.

I couldn't have done it without the help of most of you and the forum. Thank you!

For anyone new here, you can read my story here: http://tmswiki.org/ppd/Rapid_Recovery_from_RSI,_by_Brian_Jackson

Enrique likes this.
  2. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Amen! I can certainly relate to all of your points, Brian.

3. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

I love your list Brian, am learning this myself right now.

BG

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, BrianLeeJackson,

I loved your list of reasons for positive results to healing,
    thanking God for helping you heal.

Very important in TMS healing, I believe.

I'm posting this so your post gets new attention.

God really wants to help us heal. We just have to ask.
    "Ask and you shall receive."

God-Creates-Adam-Michelangelo.jpg

brianleejackson likes this.
  5. brianleejackson

brianleejackson Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt! Over a year later, been working non-stop and all the statements above are still true. Wouldn't have made it back to where I am today without my relationship with Christ. The pain would have won.
    God Bless!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That's great. You are an inspiration, crediting your faith in your pain healing.
    Soon as I read Dr. Scott Brady's book, PAIN FREE FOR LIFE, and that he said
    we all need to make peace with any religious problem and pray for God to help us heal,
    I began to heal from my back pain. I am a lifelong Catholic but became estranged with
    the heirarchy including the former pope over the priest pedophile scandal, and the church
    becoming a religious arm of the Republican Party and not condemning the wars.

I decided to take the advice of a priest friend who said he had his issues with the church too
    but he "tossed the ball to Jesus" and let Him handle it. I made my own peace with the church
    and immediately felt better. Nothing is perfect, not any person, religion, or church.

Only dogs are perfect. I love my Annie so much and know God gave her to me.

Continued good luck to you. Stay with TMSWiki. We're trying very hard to spread the
    word of Dr. Sarno and help others around the world to heal.

brianleejackson likes this.