1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Creating a Practitioner Survey Response Form Team

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

One of the biggest challenges we have in maintaining the practitioner directory is gaining an idea of how a practitioner treats TMS and what their experience is. Most other practitioner lists only provide contact details, i.e. address, phone, email, which can’t really help a visitor figure out if a specific practitioner is right for them.

Our Professional Survey Response form, however, let’s us obtain more information about how a practitioner actually treats TMS and really helps someone figure out if a practitioner would make a good fit. It plays an important role in helping people make the best decisions regarding their treatment and recovery. This is why, ever since we started it, the survey response has been one of my favorite projects. We have added significant value by requiring practitioners to complete the survey before we add them to our list.

Ever since the PPDA conference, I have received more and more requests to complete the form and to be included on our list. I would love to set up a small team of people to handle these requests and post the survey responses on the wiki. This will be a great opportunity for someone looking to be slightly more invovled in our organization and help us coordinate with more practitioners. It will be a very low time commitment. We might get one request a month to do this and it only takes a couple of minutes to send out the form and to post in on the wiki.

How it works

I set up a mailing list, practitionersurvey at tmswiki dot org, where we can direct requests to be added to this list. When a request comes in, a member of this team can email the practitioner back, sending them the survey response form to complete. When the practitioner emails the completed form back (which usually takes a day or two) the team member will simply post the survey on the wiki. Chuck made a short tutorial video on how to post the survery response form, which is below. There is also a great page that provides a step by step guide as well at Practitioner Survey Response Form Editor.

Right now the mailing list consists of Chuck and myself. I would love to add a few more people to this and build up this team. If you are interested feel free to post below or shoot me a private message and I will tell you more about it. This is a great way to help out our organization and help us reach more practitioners.

Best,

Forest