1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

COVID 19 and TMS flare

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by klawley, May 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. klawley

klawley New Member

Hello
    I was wondering if anyone noticed a TMS flare after the COVID 19 pandemic started? I was able to deal with back pain 3 years ago after learning about TMS, it literally changed my life. Since then I have been able to apply to pain that did not have an acute /injury related to it. But about 3 weeks ago I started to have ankle pain which is not heel pain. I am not sure if this is just a flare of TMS due to all the uncertainty and stress living in a pandemic (I should also mention I am an RN so I feel like COVID is all I think about and I have been exposed multiple time’s and many of my nurse friends have caught it). Or could this be planter fasciitis because I have been running everyday day as the gyms are closed- where as I would usually switch up my cardio routines. Or could it be a combination of both?
    Sorry for the long post and thank you. Stay safe everyone :)

2. Gojab

Gojab Peer Supporter

I can't start to imagine the extra pressure you must feel as a RN and bless you for the work you do. But to answer your question, I am convinced that my TMS went into overdrive right around March 12, when the Covid pandemic hit Pennsylvania really hard. I remember being so afraid of getting Covid I cowered inside and disinfected everything in the house. This was even before I started my TMS rehabilitation so I didn't have the tools to deal with it. And I truly believe that the lingering pain I have (which is MUCH better) is due partly to the fear from Covid. What I have now is, the tool to identify the cause of the pain, and not to blame it on a disc or something like that. Which takes a lot of pressure off.