1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

constipation and TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by CandyLu, Jul 10, 2016.

1. CandyLu

CandyLu New Member

I have found a miracle for constipation and Tms. I've been using tms therapy and very berry granola from Aldi food store. The brand is Millville. I have had constipatiin for years. This helped me 100%. Just thought I'd share if it could help. I've tried everything over the counter. Hospital visits. Dr visits. Prescribed medicines and shots. This is the only thing that worked without killing me. Good luck.

ellie freegan likes this.
  2. Ines

Ines Well known member

Why do you think that is? Does it have a lot of fiber?

3. CandyLu

CandyLu New Member

I think so. But honestly I've tried other things with fiber and nothing worked but this sure has. Granola with cherries blueberries cranberries oat clusters. Try granola it seems to work really well. I've had a problem since 2008.Also this sounds really funny but movie popcorn with lots of butter helps me too.

Ines likes this.
  4. Abbo

Abbo Well known member

Hi everyone. I have had a stubborn colon on and off most of my life but have found the only great solution. I started taking magnesium as a supplement and also because it helps to sleep when taken before bed. It not only relaxes muscles and nerves and combines with calcium to strengthen bones but has also regulated my colon. Magnesium is present in abundance in fresh greens and veg but unfortunately due to poorer soil conditions and overproducing it is sadly lacking in our food. Look it up on the Internet for the benefits. Good luck

5. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

what dose do of magnesium do you take please thanks?

6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a really old thread and I'm sorry it's been resurrected since it's not really suitable on a TMS forum, and @ellie freegan, I want to say this: please do your own research when contemplating any kind of diet or supplement. Some people should also be consulting their doctors when it comes to certain supplements.

Not only is magnesium one of the electrolytes, it can also have a serious laxative effect for some people. An acquaintance of mine (who IMHO suffers from TMS) was told by a friend to take magnesium for sleep, so she got a magnesium supplement supposedly for that purpose and took the maximum recommended dose, and spent the next 24 hours suffering the consequences - not just on the toilet, but feeling very ill because her electrolytes were totally out of whack, and that can be quite dangerous.

TrustIt and TG957 like this.