1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Confusing structural(?) thing happening

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Lauren.R89, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Lauren.R89

Lauren.R89 Peer Supporter

Warning not to read on if you’re bothered by things surrounding Interstitial Cystitis. I just know as a person dealing with TMS, that it doesn’t take much to suggest a symptom. Also, second warning, female issues - in part- to follow.

I had a laparoscopic procedure yesterday to remove cysts on my ovary (This was mostly because I lost my other ovary to cysts so I want to keep the one healthy until I can have kids). Anyway, they asked for permission to check things out while they were in there since I do get some pelvic pain so I was like “sure” bc they are already in there, might as well. ANYWAY while looking in my bladder they saw “Hunner’s lesions” which appears to be a rare but a definitive way they diagnose IC. I have such a hard time with this because - I know interstitial cystitis is often psychogenic- BUT I also do have these less common ulcers. I want so much for this to be TMS but I also don’t want to foolishly ignore something they saw just because I don’t like the diagnosis.

Anyway, I don’t have a follow up to discuss results until the 17th. Lots of time to just think. So I’ve just been crying a lot - feeling like I have another diagnosis... but one with a rare structural component.

I need a little hope. I feel like... I don’t know what to do.
    Hopefully I explained this ok. It’s so difficult when only a handful of doctors really understand psychogenic pain.

2. Lauren.R89

Lauren.R89 Peer Supporter

I FIGURED THIS ONE OUT, everyone. Turns out I was in an obsessive, anxious spiral. As I'm sure it is difficult to tell from the everything about this post.

3. usawildflower

usawildflower Newcomer

I'm seeing this post after the fact. I'm glad you were able to figure this one out! It's been a stressful time in general for everyone...I've had many stress/IC flares without knowing why. There's a lot of universal subconscious anxiety right now, so I can't always trace it to my life circumstances. I hope you're still doing well!