1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 CONFLICT!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rekcat, Mar 25, 2017.

1. rekcat

rekcat New Member

Have been reading and studying a lot today, and completing Day 2's assignments. Confused by, what seem to me opposing statements. Read that to,get pain reduction with TMS, just need to know the symptoms are there to cover up repressed emotions, and need to think psychological about the pain. But also read that TMS patient needs to know what the repressed emotions are and why before progress can be made in getting rid of pain. Could someone please help me to clarify this. Thank You.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

To think psychological. To know your repressions. You have to know what you are thinking that is causing stress.
    Could it be the parent, child, adult giving you strain and tension causing repressed emotions thus causing the pain and you don't know cause you never thought about it?

Now to your question.
    Yes, all you need to know is the pain is there to cover repressed emotions.
    It's not just 1 repressed emotion. It's alot of them happening all day on autopilot.
    So it's good for you to learn your mind chatter, to know what your thinking about when your not paying attention.
    Now pay attention to those thoughts, some can be causing surface tension. This tension, like your reactions causing tension can be dealt with by feeling your emotions when you get upset, angry or fearful.
    When you feel the emotions, you don't react to them, just bathe in them without labeling them.
    Then you will feel a surface suppression leave.
    The repressions will come out later on as you do the program and you journal.
    When you journal and you feel an emotion, that you don't want to feel. That's a repression. Feel it, set with it. Don't fear it or judge it. Then soon the emotion will didipitate and the repressed memory won't sting like it used too- unawares of these emotions and they just build.
    As you become more aware and present learning to feel your emotions as you journal, you will start to feel these a.ha moments.
    Sometimes a huge shift will happen
    For now, just knowing you are fine and will heal is what you want.
    Don't rush. Take your time, be patient. Through patience you will release repressions.
    Bless you

MSZ812 and rekcat like this.
  3. rekcat

rekcat New Member

4. rekcat

rekcat New Member

Thank you Eric. It's a relief to know I don't have to deal will all my repressed emotions all at the same time. You are right about the journaling, I am learning to write about the stuff I don't like, but it is difficult. I am ready for,Day 3, bring it on!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Keep digging rekcat! This process is a marathon, not a sprint (even if we'd like it to be). We have to train our minds to acknowledge emotions that have come to be repressed. That build-up of repressed emotions have resulted in physical pain. Good luck to you!

6. rekcat

rekcat New Member

Thank you MSZ812, you are right I would like to cut to the chase. Thank you for the encouragement.