1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Confirmation that TMS is real

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by DRZ, Sep 23, 2012.

1. DRZ

DRZ New Member

Not that most of you need it but I thought I would share my story.....Today after watching the Cleveland Browns lose again (talk about a good way to generate some repressed anger by watching them since 99!) I went out for one of my daily walks, usually about a half mile or so maybe a little longer. I felt a nice pain in my right buttock throughout the walk and started to get a little worried. I came home and immeaditly started my TMS education program work for the day and reviewed a couple of reminders and POOF! butt feels great! Now the hip is bugging me, nice try brain but I caught you this time...

Terry and veronica73 like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Isn't interesting how a new symptom pops up after another one gets better? It can be very easy to be disheartened when this happens, but you really just need to view it as confirmation that you have TMS. Telling yourself that you are onto TMS can really help you keep your focus on the pscyhological side of things. As odd as it may sound, I tended to view the moving of my symptoms as a good thing. The movement really helped me realize that I do in fact have TMS.