1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Cold & Flu Season TMS style

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by lexylucy, Dec 12, 2017.

1. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

I am in the throws of my second cold in the past 4 weeks. I am ok. Just resting and making soup. Relaxing. I ran into 3 different friends who said they were sick. And I saw some people coughing at the store.

"I guess it's going around. And now it's my turn," my friend said.

I couldn't help but think about how Sarno talks about all kind of health concerns becoming fads. Being popularized. I know for me my first cold was right before a trip to Maui. When I got there the cold literally instantly vanished.

Was it real?

Lexy Lucy

Lizzy likes this.
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Good question!
    Yesterday I woke up with a slight sore throat, headache and some sneezes and coughs. By dinner I was miserable with aches, chills, sensitive skin etc. I was becoming afraid it was flu. At one piont I had a little talk with my brain that fear was getting the best of me. Either it was flu or it wasn't, just wait and see, don't be afraid. I went to bed after taking otc meds and slept ok, not great. When I got up I felt pretty good and the rest of the day I felt like I was getting over a cold, rather than just in its second day. So, was my misery last night from my brain?

Lizzy

plum, Tennis Tom and lexylucy like this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm convinced TMS thinking can prevent colds by not giving in to the collective meme--but sometimes you just want to have a break and watch daytime TV--Depak Chopra said, "Staying home with the flu is the Western form of meditation."

plum, karinabrown, Ines and 2 others like this.
  4. Ines

Ines Well known member

Yes, totally. I can't tell you how many times I would get sick or get a cold soar for important functions. One in particular was a birthday weekend where I woke up with strep throat. It's like a cruel joke.
    Fast forward to post-TMS approach to life. We had a family trip to the mountains this summer. Everyone complained about the elevation the first day. I was totally fine and usually my head is off because of migraines. My son came up sick and everyone caught it but me and I even slept next to him.

plum, Tennis Tom and Lizzy like this.
  5. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Hi,

Well i have noticed that when my husband had a cold or the flu: he does not analyse it : he’s sick.. takes some rest gets better and moves on ..
    When i get a cold of flu : i start thinkin : is it going around ? Is there something bothering me .. is it tms .. ? Worry worry worry, no rest in my mind but worry....

Lizzy and Ines like this.