1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic Migraines/Quitting Narcotics

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

The following was recently posted on the old wetpaint forum

Hiya and Welcome to the wiki,

First, it is great to hear that you were able to reduce your pain after reading the Mindbody Prescription. It is one of my favorite Sarno books. The pain meds situation can be a little tricky, and how a person handles them should depend on their situation. I also think its important to seek the advice of a physician, so they can let you know of the possible side effects and things to look out for. There is a great response to this in one of our Q&A questions by John Stracks called When Should I stop taking pain medications during my recovery. I suggest checking it out.

Also, journaling can help you understand some of your emotions better and figure out why you are experiencing a lack of interest in certain things. Anxiety and TMS are pretty similar so treating it in a similar fashion may be very helpful. If you continue to be worried about it, it may be a good idea to see a practitioner who can help you sort through some of the more intense feelings.

If you have any questions at all feel free to ask us.

Forest