1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Choose Wisely.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

We tend to see people through only two filters: judgment or compassion.
    One drains you, the other fulfills you.
    BOTH become suggestions to your own subconscious mind about yourself.
    Choose wisely.

NolaGal likes this.
  2. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

I think that's at the heart of "judge not lest ye be judged". It's not only about being "nice" and forgiving of the other person, although those are wonderful things. If you're judgmental it comes right back at you in that very moment (and hangs out in your subconscious, causing all sorts of problems!) It often seems that the traits we're so ready to judge in others are the ones we most need to work on ourselves.

I also think "judge"="condemn" in this context. We make harmless and even helpful judgments (choices/evaluations) all the time - which employee would do the best job with a particular project, for instance. Or "I'm going to let that car get ahead of me because the driver doesn't seem very safe and I don't want to be beside him." It's when we start condemning others' actions using anger and ill-will that it becomes a bad thing. It's also worth noting that being compassionate doesn't mean you let someone get away with hurting you or others. You can refuse to be taken advantage of while still keeping compassion and forgiveness in your heart.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Very well said,
    We have to keep the proverb in mind always,
    Be as loving as a dove but as shrewd as a serpent.

I remember listening to Louise Hayes new audio about her book
    and this girl sees a beggar walking down the street.
    She's thinking he's dirty and nasty- then ten minutes later she
    sees an old boyfriend and you hear her thinking how dirty and nasty
    as in ugly she is- its a sad case that caught my attention

Yes the way we put ourselves through judgment-
    was beyond my belief when I found out I was wrong thinking-
    By letting my id and super-ego run rampant on me.

Now I look at the part where we flow with compassion-
    Then were always in agreement with the law of life.
    or law of attraction- if were torn - we have to protect ourselves-
    from others accusations but the accusations we do to ourselves are often neglected.

We learn these truths as you explained then we learn its trick- the Jig.
    The mechanism at work, so im thinking down on myself, well its just me why not-
    That's what has hindered us most our life.
    Now we know its no good for ya.

You have a great understanding of this Nola -Gal
    Thanks