1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chasing the Changes - A Time for Reflection (Discussing Ch. 4 of The Great Pain Deception)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Becca, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Becca

Becca Well known member

Update (Friday Sept 13, 2013): I realized that in my original post here, announcing thecall-in discussion group for Tuesday September 10th, I completely missed the most important part of Chapter Four in The Great Pain Deception: triggers. As I mentioned in my later post below, Walt has started an excellent thread on this chapter, called TMS Triggers, where I've combined this discussion here with the discussion going on there. Just for consistency, I've kept most of the text from the original announcement post below, with the incorrect info removed. Thanks for your patience (it's all a learning process, I suppose!)
    -----​

Last week, we had a wonderful surprise when Steve Ozanich himself joined us for the discussion group! It was truly an honor to have him on the call with us. Steve generously offered advice to specific questions from those on the call, and also expanded on much of what he wrote in chapters two and three of his book, The Great Pain Deception. Click here for access to a recording of this incredible discussion.

This Tuesday (September 10th), the call-in discussion group will be looking at Chapter Four of The Great Pain Deception.

As always we will officially start at 9pm Eastern Time (6pm Pacific Time). The lines will open up 30 minutes or so beforehand, to give folks a chance to check in and chat before we start our discussion of this chapter. But remember, the real conversation will start at 9, so for those of you calling in early, please hold any comments about the chapter until we start recording!

As to who'll be running the discussion, I believe Forest will have just returned from his travels abroad, and I assume will be very jetlagged, so Herbie will once again be facilitating.

Becca

-----
    Quick connection details (for more info visit go.tmswiki.org/connect):
    • If you are connecting via telephone, dial 1 347 817 7654. When prompted, enter the meeting number 18311499 .
    • If you are connecting via your computer (using the Fuze Meeting application), go to https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/48fb7aa8/18311499 and follow the instructions from there.

2. Becca

Becca Well known member

Just reminding you all that the discussion group on Chapter Four is tonight! Like always the lines will open up 30 minutes or so beforehand, but remember, the official discussion will begin at 9pm (ET), so please, hold your comments about the book until then so those who cannot attend the discussion live can have access to our discussion later via the recording. Feel free to log into the text chatroom at www.tmswiki.org/chat as well. I unfortunately can't attend the discussion tonight, but I am eager to hear everyone's thoughts on this important chapter in The Great Pain Deception!

Becca

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Becca. I posted some folks yesterday recommending they tune in today.
    I re-read Steve's chapter 4 and he writes about triggers that set off our TMS
    such as aging, birthdays, admonitions, comparisons. Good food for thought.

I'll try to tune in, but it's going to be a busy evening here.

4. Becca

Becca Well known member

Hi folks,
    The ever-so-articulate Walt has a fantastic thread, TMS Triggers, discussing this chapter. Since they both discuss the same thing, essentially, I thought it'd be good to integrate this thread with his. So, you can find the recording of Tuesday's discussion there.
    Becca

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Becca. I guess I became "articulate" from being a newspaper reporter.
    My first day working for The Chicago Tribune, an editor advised: "Write so readers
    can understand you." I try for that.

Steve Ozanich did a very good job of that in his book, so his chapter 4 on Triggers was
    more a matter of me adding my experiences with them.

I'll listen to the tape now. Thanks again for your hard work on the recordings.