1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 31 Career matters and getting out of stuck

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Aug 16, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

So, things are a lot better today. At the suggestion of a lovely forum member, I became reacquainted with the work of Louise Hay. I read her many years ago as a teenager, but had the pleasure of watching her video and rereading her book. I think I have become unstuck....big realisation that this process is all about loving myself, approving of myself, feeling worthy, and being kind to myself. I have cried bucketloads today...some of it is gratitude for realising what was behind my back ache, some of it was past hurt and sorrow and anger that just has been bubbling to the surface for a while now. The level of pain has dramatically decreased too. So, now I feel better about continuing with the SEP. And, Walt, I really have appreciated all your help and encouragement along the way...it has really made all the difference. My lovely husband is wonderfully supportive, but as he grew up in a very loving family and has led a fairly charmed life, sometimes he cannot quite conceive of what I am going through.

As far as todays topic is concerned, a lot of my anxiety,probably most of it is career focussed. I have gone through a period where I achieved a lot, and received a promotion. Then the back ache hit, we left for summer holidays, and I have been terrified about being able to do the job with the physical stuff that happened. Now, I am being more sanguine about it...just saying well, I am not worrying about it, but taking it one step at a time. My recovery is what is important.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet. Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them and am glad my thoughts are helpful.

Career worries can cause a lot of TMS. It's good that you are not letting them worry you as much as in the past. Take our work and our life one step at a time. If work gets you down, try to add some time in a hobby or doing what you enjoy. Nights and weekends can be great for spending time away from our jobs.

I agree about Louise Hay. Her book and videos are very inspirational.

3. abuglet

abuglet New Member

Yes, I have composed a little ditty using her affirmations which is doing wonders to elevate my mood. Her video was just ace, and the painlevels are going down another notch. I am going to beat this thing, and be a better person emotionally too.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Attagirl, abuglet. Glad you came up with a good affirmation that works for you. I'd love to see the ditty you composed.
    Send it?

5. abuglet

abuglet New Member

Sure:

I am willing to release the need for this backache
    That is because I am willing to change
    To do otherwise would be to be deranged.

There is no need to fear
    My mind is shifting gears
    And all is well with me every day

I simply persevere in retraining my brain
    And the pain is now going away

That is because I am willing to change
    And life my life in the normality range.

It ain't Tennyson, but never mind! ;)

Feeling better and better now.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Nice poem. You got it right. Feel better every day.