1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can TMS be linked to parkinsons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jf77, Aug 27, 2016.

1. jf77

jf77 New Member

Does anyone happen to know about Parkinson's patients getting better with a TMS treatment?

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi jf77,

My partner has Parkinson's so it is a condition I'm very familiar with. The short answer to your question is no because Parkinson's is not TMS.

(There is a very real danger, especially when people are new to TMS theory, to ascribe all illnesses and maladies to TMS. Thank God Sarno wrote his fourth book on the more expansive theme of psychosomatic disorders which clarifies this issue and places TMS within this greater context. Failing to understand this essential point can lead to problems.)

However Parkinson's sufferers do benefit from more general remedies such as sleep and rest, and other key lifestyle changes. Some gentle work on their emotions can help in the same way it would help anyone but believing you can cure Parkinson's with TMS theory is erroneous. Their problems are not caused by oxygen deprivation or a sensitised nervous system but are due to the brain producing drastically less Dopamine. Parkinson's symptoms only real show when Dopamine levels are below 20%.

The very best healing you can give is to love them in thought, word and deed, and help them embrace a simple, quiet natural lifestyle.

Plum x

juderocketqueen likes this.
  3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

There was a gentleman at my club who would come daily to swim there. He said he had "Parkinsons". He had been a university violin professor. He was very intelligent and made good investments in the stock market, I paid attention to his tips. For years I would watch him arrive at the pool with the assistance of his wife. He would travel from the hot tub in a halting spastic like headlong run. It was frightening to watch, I was always waiting for the day he would stumble, trip and break something--he never did. He always stopped and jumped into the pool. He would do the same headlong run back to the locker room headfirst looking like he was out of control about to fall--he never did.

I remember once giving him a copy of Sarno when I was in a more proseletyzing mood. He took it and gave it back and said to the effect it was very interesting like most people who don't buy into TMS do.

One day he told me he'd just come from our local "one of the best teaching hospital's on the planet" and said they told him he didn't have Parkinsons. I asked him what the docs on the hill told him he had? He said they didn't know.

If you do a "search" here and at the other TMS site, you'll find more info on the topic.