1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can Pain Start Anywhere?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Stephanie71, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Stephanie71

Stephanie71 Peer Supporter

I have a question, as I continue on this journey. Can pain begin anywhere in the body? Sarno speaks about pain only being in postural muscles and then affecting nerves and tendons in legs and arms. My pain began years ago in the back of leg/thigh/knee area, but I didn't experience low back pain until a bit later. Sort of like sciatica in reverse, if that makes sense. I would love some clarity on this.
    I know I have TMS. I am just trying to defeat and get clear (and get support) on every gosh darn GREMLIN of doubt and uncertainty that pops up in my pesky brain. Thanks for replies.
    In other news, I have recently started working the curablehealth.com app program, and I highly recommend it.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

all of those area's you mentioned are serviced by the same nerve system. Oxygen debt can cause a wide variety of symptoms. Long before I had 'back pain' I got sharp shooting pains in my shins that they blamed on 'bone pieces'... it always bugged me every xmas when I managed a xmas tree lot and worked 30 days straight of 12+ hours a day with no break. The symptom magically vanished after I was TMS-cured...and I still slung xmas trees for many more years.

YES...anywhere. He specified those muscles earlier in his carreer because the majority of his patients were at NYU with back pain. As his studies and experiences expanded so did his diagnostic criteria.

MWsunin12 likes this.