1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can Mono be TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by danielle, Nov 22, 2017.

1. danielle

danielle Peer Supporter

I just posted this in "Ask a Therapist".. but thought to post it here to see if anyone else has a take on this. Hope that's OK.

I have a lot of classic TMS symptoms, but lately I went to the doctor because I couldn't get out of my mind that it could be physical and I hadn't gotten a checkup in years, to rule anything else out. In the past month I'd been much more exhausted than normal, even for me.

A blood test showed acute "reactivation" of Epstein Barr Virus; in other words I seem to have had a reoccurrence of mono. Before I look too hard into what I should do physically about it (I have already been doing some juice fasting on & off because i lost my appetite for the past few weeks), can this be a TMS-triggered thing? I mean, it is sure physical with the swollen glands and aches and fatigue. But, the mind is a tricky thing, so I wanted to ask.

Thank you for your input!

Click#7 likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Gabor Mate, MD wrote the essential book that explains the physiology of the mind-body connection: When The Body Says No - The Stress-Disease Connection. This was the third book that was essential to my recovery process.

But I have to say, I was really ready to hear what he had to say. I had known for decades, long before discovering Dr. Sarno and TMS, that I only got sick when I was run down, and that if I was alert against infection, I didn't get sick.

Dr. Gabor teaches us that we become run down, and we can harm our immune systems, if we allow the stress of emotional repression to run rampant.

danielle likes this.
  3. danielle

danielle Peer Supporter

I love Gabor Mate. Thanks for the reminder. The book you mentioned spoke to me for sure.

Fabi likes this.