1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can Kerataconus be TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Nickp36, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Nickp36

Nickp36 New Member

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with a condition called karataconus. I had noticed that during my big battle with my other symptoms (I have since gotten them under control) that my vision way worse and more blurry. So about two years ago when I was 25, I finally went to the eye doctor, and they diagnosed me with KC. Basically they said it is the cornea changing shape and thinning overtime and then I need this surgery to stop the progression or I will need corneal transplants later down the line. Since then, my glasses prescription has changed more rapidly.

they recommended this cross-linking surgery which is fairly new and I’m not really sold on it. It seems like some still progress after the surgery and most of the support groups for this condition are nothing but a pit of despair that would drive anybody nuts. I really only want to seek surgical intervention, if absolutely necessary. but I have much less trust in the medical system nowadays and then I did even four years back. Especially for chronic conditions. So I am wondering has anybody else struggled with this and couldn’t be just another mind-body manifestation that is misdiagnosed as a physical condition?

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle