1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can increased pain after surgery be TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ewok2, Apr 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

Hi,

I recently had pelvic surgery for a range of issues (bleeding, cysts) that had been getting worse despite TMS work. I was improving for the first week and started to feel pretty good then I went downhill am now much worse han before and no one can explain why. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m very scared as I could function most of the time before and now I can’t.

There are lots of reports of women who have pelvic surgery like hysterectomy (which is not what I had) having ‘nerve damage’ and never recovering. Is it possible many of these women are suffering TMS as well?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  2. CarboNeVo

CarboNeVo Well known member

you dont have any nerve damage, it's quite normal to have pain coming and going in waves after surgery, try to find some distraction and not think about your pain or the horror scenarios - I know it's hard, a good painkiller might help even if it was an opiate, also it will lift your mood a bit which will help with the pain.
    TMS is also a form of an overly sensitive central nervous system - basically we TMS sufferers react to pain/stress/changes (insecurities) with amplification, hence our CNS reacts with increased pain or anxiety.
    Your pain will settle down, give it a while and try to find a good distraction in the meantime, best of luck :)

plum and Ewok2 like this.
  3. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

Thanks so much. That makes a lot of sense and is very comforting.

plum likes this.