1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can anxiety manifest symptoms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Marilb, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Marilb

Marilb Newcomer

I first got tinnitus from stress I think, no damage to my ears. I was prescribed anti anxiety and sleeping pills. The tinnitus resolved after approximately 2 months. I keep fearing it will come back and I experienced some scary body jerking. Now I cant stop fearing this unwilling body movement mostly in my left hand/arm. I know it starts after a rush of adrenalin and my palms become all wet. Seems like when I try to meditate rest my body is so restless and I don’t know how to break the fear cycle. Stopped with the meds because scared of side effect. Can my fear really manifest this? Anyone experienced anything like this. I also have a lot of tension from stress in my neck/head and shoulders.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, it can. This is finally well known and accepted by all professionals in the medical, neurological, and psychological communities.

If you educate yourself with the resources we talk about here, you will learn that there is a primitive mechanism in your brain, in all of our brains, that is designed to keep us in fear, always looking for danger. In today's incredibly stressful world this manifests as disabling anxiety in overly-sensitive individuals.

Start with this little book, available everywhere, probably even your local library: Hope and Help For Your Nerves, by Claire Weekes. She has been helping people with anxiety since 1969, all over the world, even decades after her passing. Her book was the second one to save my life, after The Divided Mind, by John Sarno MD. Feel free to read my profile story.

Also start doing our free Structured Educational Program which is on the main wiki, tmswiki.org. No signup or login required - you just start learning. And let us know if you have questions, and how you feel about the information.

Good luck.

3. Marilb

Marilb Newcomer

Thanks for your kind reply.

I have actually just read her book Self help for your nerves, and previous read Sarnos and Schubiners books and The way out by AG.
    I guess I will have to face it, accept it, floating and let time pass.
    I do believe I have TMS and have had different symptoms for years, but I still keep fearing the tinnitus to come back and this myoclonus jerking which I believe it is caused by stress/anxiety. My body is so restless and my amygdala is firing off these stress hormones as crazy.

Thank you good luck is really needed.