1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Can "ankylosing spondylitis" be due to TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Back-To-Golf, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Back-To-Golf

Back-To-Golf Peer Supporter

I discovered TMS in around 2014 and have embraced it since then. Its not instantaneous but requires alot of belief and persistence in TMSing thoughts.

It has been a relatively good 2017 and 2018 for me in terms of LBP, but recently there is a very interesting event which I like to share and also get some advice.

I happen to meet a long lost acquaintance and he told me he has been suffering from ankylosing spondylitis (AS) for 6-7 years and thus been in and out of jobs. He was perfectly fine in his teenage years until in his late twenties before AS strike him. Doctors told him there is nothing that can be done other than pain killer. He has accepted it as a lifelong verdict. Poor chap whole body from lower back to neck is dead stiff.

Naturally I wonder if it could be due to TMS and did some research that night. There are some that says AS is NOT due to TMS. But there are contradictory thoughts as well.

What's interesting then is, me after having a good run of relatively pain-free 2018 start to develop a massive LBP that night!

1. I am guessing it could be due to the thought that all these pains might not be due to TMS actually scare the crap out of me.

2. But yet, a realization strike me that if my massive LBP pain that develop that night is due to those thoughts, then wouldn't that be the BEST proof of TMS???

Anyway, I hope to get some advice on whether AS is something that could be due to TMS. I am eager to introduce this acquaintance of mine to TMS who otherwise have accepted his verdict of pain for life.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. MedicineWithin

MedicineWithin Peer Supporter

Yes definitely. In what I have seen AS is just TMS with more severe symptoms and a different name. My brother has over come the illusion of AS through therapy and looking into his repressed anger. I would advise to check out "ralphitness" on youtube. Ralph put the pieces together himself and cured himself of AS. He has a video series that tells his story. i myself healed sciatica which is also TMS through similar methods. It's information that needs to get out there. AS is just a way of viewing and naming pain through a medical industry that views health through a completely mechanical lens. This just creates an illusion parading as a life sentence to people with chronic pain and also fuels the pharmaceutical industry. The great thing is that once we realize what is actually going on we are free to heal.

All the best

Justin

Bev likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Justin,
    Thanks for this reference.
    Andy B

4. stradivarius

stradivarius Peer Supporter

Norman Cousins famously overcame Ankylosing spondylitis and wrote about it in his book Anatomy of an Illness. There is a film about it too. He tried to use laughter and positive emotions to overcome it, plus massive doses of vitamin C. Interestingly I read that massive doses of vitamin C are now thought to be harmful to the body. Maybe it was Norman's belief in it that made it work!

5. Back-To-Golf

Back-To-Golf Peer Supporter

Thanks for the information guys! Always empowering to learn more new knowledge on this topic.