1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Can a wrist sprain pain be due to TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JohnSnow, Jul 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. JohnSnow

JohnSnow Newcomer

Hi,

I've been having pain in both my wrists.
    Different types of pains: a tingling in my left wrist and a sprain type of pain in my right wrist.

Both my wrists have been tested numerous times by doctors (ultrasound, Xrays, MRI, etc.) and nothing has come up as unusual. I'm convinced the pain in my right wrist is due to TMS as it seems to respond nicely to the TMS Educational Program and emotion journaling, but the pain in my right wrist (sprain) does not seem to be alleviated by the TMS Educational program or other TMS-related activities.

I'd love to hear if others on this forum have also had sprain-like pain as their TMS symptom.

Thanks for your help.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS pain can be anything, because ALL physical sensations, including pain, are created by the brain. This is a physiological and neurological fact.

Under normal circumstances, the pain is created in response to nerve signals sent from the site of injury or illness. In TMS fear mode, the pain is created to keep you stuck in fear mode.

You've been thoroughly checked out, and this symptom checks all the boxes for classic TMS.

3. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

100% TMS. You’ve had the gold standard tests performed.

I just had an MRI this week after not properly resting an overuse injury because I’m stubborn. My MRI showed multiple sprains and inflammation. Your MRI would’ve shown the same if you truly had a sprain. Sprain-like pain is stemming from TMS, not real sprains like mine. If you’d only had x-rays performed I would’ve told you to get an MRI, but you’ve had one plus an ultrasound. You’re golden.

This is fantastic news!

Your pain should decrease as you trust the diagnosis and continue to do the TMS work. Let us know if you have any questions!