1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Call-In Discussion, Tues Aug. 26 (Ch. 5 & 5 1/2, The Meaning of Truth)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Join the call-in discussion group this Tuesday (August 26th) as we pick up our discussion of @Nicole J. Sachs LCSW's The Meaning of Truth . We'll be covering Chapter Five (“The Journey to JournalSpeak”) and Chapter Five and ½ (“JournalSpeak”). Nicole will once again join us for the call to answer questions and share additional thoughts on the two chapters. If you have any specific questions or topics you'd like us to cover during the call, feel free to share them in this thread.

As usual, the recorded discussion will start at 9:00pm Eastern Time (EDT), but phone lines will open approximately half an hour beforehand for people to talk off the recording with hosts and other callers.

Connection details are as follows (visit go.tmswiki.org/connect for full information):
    • If you're connecting by phone, dial 1 201-479-4595 and when prompted enter the pin code 18311499 followed by the pound symbol.
    • If you're connecting via your computer (Fuze Meeting), go to http://fuze.me/18311499 and follow the instructions from there. Connecting via computer gives you access to a chat room and lets you watch webcams of the hosts.
    For more information about the discussion group, and to listen to all past recorded discussions, visit www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group .

Hope to see you there!

Forest

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This should be a great discussion Forest. Nicole should be back and we can dig deeper and learn more of her work on uncovering the real us from the shadows. Looking forward to learning all I can from each Author we have and Nicole has plenty to teach, till tuesday pal.

3. Forest

I'm looking forward to it too, Herbie.

By the way, for anyone who doesn't have the book, you can still call in and participate this week. The reason is that the two chapters we are doing this week cover Nicole's own personal experience, and Nicole covers the same material in a free YouTube interview that I did with her. You can just watch that and call in to try out the book group.

It's a fun video, too, as Nicole is a great story teller. Here it is:

Dieuke and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  4. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

haha, I was sitting ready at 9 oclock, forgotten totally about the time difference.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Another excellent call-in with Nicole. She's great, and so is the video of her.

6. Forest

Oh, no!! I have to say that last night's was one of my favorites. This group is beginning to loosen up and so we had more people talking and talking more openly. Joseph asked some terrific questions, and we talked a bit about the crucial role of fear. I'll be able to post the recording tomorrow, though, and that will help you get caught up.

I hope you can join us next week!

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

It's great that more people are joining the call-ins and talking.
    I'll listen to your recording tomorrow and try to join in next week.

8. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW Therapist and TMS Author

Yay!! I love to read threads like this and remember how much people are getting from my book. It warms my heart, and I really need it too. It's hard to be so exposed, yet knowing that I'm helping people makes it all worthwhile. Looking forward to next week!

Much love,

-n.

9. Forest

As promised, here's the recording from Tuesday! You can listen to it using the audio player below, or you can download the audio by right-clicking on the link below the audio player and choosing to save the mp3 to your computer.

Click here to download the mp3 audio

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

So sorry I can't participate anymore due to being in far flung time zone for a few months. But glad to be able to listen to the recording.

11. tarala

tarala Well known member

Yes, the recordings are wonderful for those of us in farther time zones, thank you for posting them Forest. Ellen, the quote in your signature in fantastic. On to my fridge.

Forest likes this.
  12. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

indeed, love the recording

ove

Forest likes this.
  13. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Thanks, Forest. I've downloaded the audio call-in to my desktop and will listen soon as I can.

14. Ellen

Tarala,
    Some day you need to post a photo of your fridge! Lots of wisdom there. :)

Forest likes this.
  15. Forest

I agree!

16. tarala

tarala Well known member

Ha ha you'd also get pictures of my kids and my dog and my last trip to India and the shopping list!

17. Ellen

That's even better!

18. Forest