1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Call-In Discussion Group is simply an amazing resource

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Oscar B., Feb 2, 2015.

1. Oscar B.

Oscar B. New Member

Hi Friends,

I just wanted to say a few nice things about the Call-In Discussion Group that I found on the Wiki. If you haven't been over there to visit, I'd highly recommend you take a listen. Like many of you, I've recently found the TMS Wiki and It’s been a huge help in my journey toward good health. The audio archive has been instrumental in getting in touch with a community of TMS’ers which I always considered a world away. A few years have passed since I’ve visited the site and I’m so glad to see how it’s been advancing and that the TMS following is increasing day by day.

For me, a small business owner, husband, and father of two, I find the audio files a huge help in combating my TMS tendencies. From the first listen, I immediately felt connected to the voices of people just like me, who have suffered for years and who have come together to share their experiences. There is something about hearing my TMS brothers and sisters voices. They’ve been there and they understand the difficulties and pain that TMS can bring to family and friends. Unlike reading the forum, the spoken word adds a level of comprehension and closeness that goes unparalleled in other formats. Hearing the caring voice of a TMS facilitator or the struggle of a fellow TMS sufferer is helping to guide me on my own pathway to wellness. They know where I’ve been. They know the fear.

Sometimes working alone you can attain a limited perspective of what needs to be done to improve your condition. Until I heard the conversations such as Alan Gordon’s discussions with his callers or Nicole Sachs recount of her own personal struggles, I thought my journaling was about as deep as I could go. In just a few listens of these audio files, I have discovered that I can open up and take things to a new level, without being scared. I realize that in order to really dig deep and address these emotions, I now have new tools to use in combating my TMS symptoms. These files have helped by giving me a better understanding that there is not only one way to work through these emotions. We all have different experiences and needs so there is not one quick solution to get out of a pain condition. These files give a variety of viewpoints and techniques which will be an asset in my journey. I’m no longer alone.

I hope those of you who are looking for something a little deeper give that section a listen. Lot's off good stuff there. Wishing you all the best along your pathway.
    -o.b.

link to the page: http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group#Endorsements

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Oscar. The Tuesday call-in program is temporary on hold since Forest is very busy on other forum things.
    Now now, we can go back to previous call-ins and listen to the audios. There's lots of good TMS healing there.

Laudisco and Oscar B. like this.
  3. Laudisco

Laudisco Well known member

Thanks for sharing this resource! I really appreciate it. :)

4. David85

David85 Peer Supporter

I wanted to dig up this old thread for two reasons:

1. To mention that I also appreciate having access to the archives of all the discussions. I really enjoy passing the time at work or my commute with podcasts, and to be able to consume this resource in a similar was is great.

2. My 2nd reason is actually more of a technical question- for those who also go back and listen to these frequently, what method do you use? Downloading them to my computer is easy enough but figuring out the best way to play them on my phone has been a bit more involved. I started simply listening to them with my music player but found that with the length of the files, I would prefer to use a program that saves my place in the track, in the way a podcast or audiobook app does. So far I've been using the MP3 Audiobook Player Free since I have an iPhone and it has worked fairly well after taking a bit of time to get used to. It's been a little hit-and-miss when it comes to loading files onto my phone (the iTunes transfer hasn't worked for me but Dropbox did). So if you're in the same boat as me you may want to give that app a shot but I'm also curious to hear what's worked for others! Something tells me the process would be a little smoother on Android so if you own one of those maybe you don't have issues in this area like I do ;).

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

David, a big THANK YOU for both reasons!

I have a Samsung Galaxy so to try a download for Android, I went to the page ( http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Call-In_Peer_Discussion_Group ), found the list of sessions, and had no trouble downloading one of them. What I don't have is a dedicated app for audio files which, as you mentioned, would be more convenient for setting bookmarks than a typical music app. I've been meaning to get one of those, so maybe this will inspire me to go on that search.

Note to readers, you can always just play any of the files in your phone or tablet browser (as well as a standard web browser on your computer). What David and I are discussing is an actual download of each file, to then be played at any later time using an audio application. This is particularly useful for tablets, which aren't always connected to the internet, but by downloading, you can save these audio files to listen to them at any time. To download an audio file in Android, press and hold on the name of the file and when the menu comes up, choose "save link". This will actually download the .mp3 to your phone or tablet.

David85 likes this.