1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bringing back Is 'catastrophising' part of the TMS personality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by dabatross, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Nancy and Lily Rose, you are both so wonderful, sharing pain and grief and helping each other.
    I feel very warm inside that we and so many others who post in the forums are like a family.
    I don't get a chance to communicate on this high level with many others, family or friends.

Christmas is coming on fast (did it ever come on slow?) and it can be an especially difficult time
    of year for many of us. We tend to remember past Christmases, whether good or bad, and
    morn for those who will not be with us this holiday.

I try to focus on the real merry Christmases and not the sad ones. And also remind myself that
    the holiday is really for thanking Jesus for his birth and living with us and dying for us.

Everything else about the holiday is tinsel and turkey and presents.

"God bless us, everyone."

2. nancy

nancy Well known member

3. nancy

nancy Well known member

Lilly Rose and Walt, you are in prayers each and every day. You are both such compassionate
    and warm human beings. My husband was a good man, hard working, a wonderful provider.
    He had a very hard time sharing himself and I guess when I'm feeling very depressed that I feel
    so angry with him. The feelings change so often during the day. I should not have sounded so
    harsh last pm. I do love him and miss him as we were married for 40 yrs. I am still angry for
    how this has changed my sons lives forever. This I will overcome or make peace with in time.

4. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Would you say more about our limited perspective? I wish to understand more of your thoughts on this.
    And ... you honor me, thank you.

You are most welcome.
    I think your sons will take their queue from how you are responding. Suicide is tragic, but it is important to not assign blame. Blaming creates anger. When someone is hurt so badly that they take their life, it literally means they have gone beyond all rational thought. It hurts us, those who have been left behind, oh it hurts.

You clearly have a compassionate soul ... let that guide your sons. Perhaps it will even be necessary to find them some additional support to deal with this.

What I am seeing here in this forum is a gathering of Wounded Warriors. We are still strong, but we are gathered around that campfire, warming our hands and hearts and sharing our stories.

Never doubt in your strength. Ever.

with grace and gratitude,
    ^_^

5. nancy

nancy Well known member

Thank you so very much Lily Rose, you have given me so much wisdom that I have
    never received in the past 2 yrs. You have given me a guideline to helping my sons.
    I have been lost during this journey, never expecting it, never thought about it happening
    to us. You are a dream come true. Fondly, Nancy

6. Lily Rose

I would not discuss any of this with family. With the exception of my brother, my family thrives on gossip, and gives no care to the sacredness of deeper emotions. Here, we are on a similar journey, so we can share more readily. We can communicate as we are learning the same language.

Early November through early January are my challenged months. Remembered violence, and grief from too many deaths. Living in Alaska gave me my first hint of peace during the Winter. Walking through snow knee-deep, puffing up faerie sparkles ... the sun so low, the air itself a pale pink. You didn't just see colors, you breathed them into the soul. It was there I learned of signs and angels. There, I learned I was not alone.

I celebrate Solstice, and Winter's Eve. I celebrate the time of contemplation and dormancy, where all is still, awaiting the rebirthing.

And now, this new Winter, I am celebrating you all.

[​IMG]

Mt. Redoubt, Alaska

^_^

North Star likes this.
  7. Lily Rose

You humble me. Thank you for the kind words.

The topic of suicide is terribly under-discussed. We need to talk about it. To bring it forward and stop hiding behind the perceived stigmas. As we all have turned from believing the medical institution into believing in TMS , we also need to acknowledge this other area, as well. Minds here are far more open, and it is a pure marvel.

I am not a dream. I am just a soul on a human journey. An explorer. As are we all.

^_^

8. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Lily Rose, we see a person who looks so together on the outside and have no idea of the pain and turmoil that is churning on the inside. And because our culture values all that is superficial (youth, beauty, nice house, blah, blah, blah) most folks never think beyond that. There's a far greater poverty than not having those superficial things...it's the poverty of not having real connection and understanding with our fellow humans.

Your mom's beauty...and brokenness....reminded me of this. I am also touched by the kindness and mercy you showed her.

Lily Rose likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I love the Alaska lake picture. Very relaxing.

Reminds me of sunsets on lakes in northern Minnesota canoe trips I've been on.

10. Lily Rose

Walt, that is actually Cook's Inlet. It is far larger than it appears. This mountain is the one that recently erupted. Distances are deceptive in Alaska *smiles*

^_^