1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Brene Brown - Boundaries, Empathy, and Compassion

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by mike2014, May 11, 2016.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

Following on from yesterday's talk by Dan Siegel on the Neuroscience Summit, he touched upon boundaries, empathy and compassion. I just wanted to share this clip by Brene Brown on this very subject.

MWsunin12 likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Great stuff Mike!

How can we be loving to our friend, when we're resentful that "my friend just did something to me?" I recall seeing once that I would rather not bring up my issue with a friend, because I actually wanted to be in a stance of "resentful, superiority" and that clearing the air would take this stance away from me. Even though I was in pain about the state of the relationship (my resentment, and not feeling attuned to by my friend), the fact that that I was "wronged" made me feel superior! Having clear boundaries may take away many subtle "supports" that we "depend on", well beyond the obvious fear of losing relationship when we are ourselves.

And the boundary piece is obviously so up for the Goodist, so this is very applicable to TMS.

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think this is quite pivotal imo. So much conflict occurs in so many relationships and friendships because of lack of boundaries.

Since our emotions shape us on a physiological level, one has to really become better at homing in on this skill rather than feeling wronged.

Last edited: May 12, 2016