1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Boston TMS Support Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by veronica73, Jun 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Hi everyone,

We're starting an in-person support group for TMSers in the Boston area. So far, it's me, Forest, and two others. If you're in the area and would like to join us, please send me a message.

The purpose of the meetings is to
    1. start building an active community of Boston TMSers and
    2. learn from one another by helping build connections between people who are recovering from PPD/TMS and those who have already recovered.
    The first meeting will be held on Thursday, July 19 at 7pm at Cafe Andala in Cambridge, MA.

Address
    286 Franklin St
    Central Square
    Cambridge, MA 02139
    www.andalacafe.com

http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Boston_TMS_Support_Group

:) Veronica

quasar731, Forest and Livvygurl like this.
  2. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Sounds Great! I would love to actually meet someone in person that has TMS, that would make it more real for me : ) A Seattle Support Group would be awesome but I have not found one person who claims to have it, in town. I guess I am a pioneer out here in the west! :)

3. veronica73

It's a big city so I bet there are other people out there who are working on TMS :)

Livvygurl likes this.
  4. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I wish you success in forming your group. I feel fortunate that there is a group I can attend near where I live.

Cambridge, England is a nice but not the same as Cambridge, Mass. I miss it!

veronica73 likes this.
  5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh, not exactly, Livvy - there's me, for example :^). And someone posted on our Facebook page that she was hoping for a Seattle support group - I think her name was Olivia, but I didn't follow up, I only saw it in an Administrator email. I am already involved in too many activities to help organize one more thing, but if you do decide to start a group, I'd attend! I'll send you my email in a private message.

Jan

6. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Awesome Jan, I am so glad that you live in Seattle!!! I will definitely email you in a couple of days !

Have a great night,

Livvy ~

7. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

Oh I wish I could attend!!!!:( A bit too far from Canberra to Boston;)

8. veronica73

Everyone needs to move to Boston so we can hang out in person :)

Livvygurl likes this.
  9. veronica73

Hi everyone, I just wanted to bump this up since the meeting is next week.

10. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Veronica, have you considered posting about this on the TMShelp forum? You might get a few more takers.

Livvygurl likes this.
  11. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I am really excited about this upcoming meeting. If any of you are in the Boston area feel free to drop by. We are meeting at 7 PM this Thursday at Cafe Andala. We would love to have you join us!

veronica73 likes this.
  12. Jason

Jason New Member

I am in Boston, and would like to come join tomorrow!

Forest and veronica73 like this.
  13. veronica73

Jason, (and anyone else who plans on joining us), Cafe Andala has an upstairs and a downstairs--I think downstairs will be quieter so I'll try to get there early and grab a table down there. Also, let me know if you're planning on going and I can send you my cell # in case you get lost.
    Jason, I'm sending you a message now with my number. See you tomorrow night :)

Livvygurl likes this.
  14. Forest

Hi Jason,

So glad to hear you might be joining us! And many thanks to Veronica for all the work that she has done organizing the group.

I have a little library of TMS books and media I just packed up a small backpack full to show to anyone who is curious. Next time we meet I'll have a copy of the Thank You, Dr. Sarno book to show to people. It's incredibly moving and a touching experience to look through it. (I'd bring it this time, but it isn't printed yet.)

veronica73 and Livvygurl like this.
  15. Jason

Jason New Member

Forest, I will be there tonight! Veronica sent me her #, so if I have trouble finding you guys at Cafe Andala I'll give her a call.

Forest and veronica73 like this.
  16. Forest

Wonderful! I look forward to meeting you!

We never discussed how long the event would go on for, but unfortunately, I've learned that I have to go at 9:00. People can always hang around and chat afterwards, but perhaps we can make 8:30 or 9:00 the unofficial ending time?

I just looked at the bottom of this page and it looks like 2 people have shared this thread on Google plus and 3 people have shared it on Facebook. It's great to see so much support for initiatives like this. Using our social networks is a terrific way to get the word out about TMS.

17. Jason

Jason New Member

I really enjoyed meeting everyone last night! Thanks Veronica for putting it together... but, next time we can go to a place with air conditioning :)

18. veronica73

Yeah, it was great seeing you guys last night. I'll email everyone later today with some dates for the next one and then we'll start a new thread for the next meeting here to get the word out.

Next time AC for sure! :)

19. Chris R

Chris R New Member

It was great meeting everyone and I'll be looking forward to the next meetup. Thanks for setting it up, veronica...

veronica73 likes this.
  20. didi sharp

didi sharp New Member

Hi. I'm here in Seattle. You are not alone. Would love to have a support group. How do I get ahold of you?