1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Boston TMS Support Group - 4th Thursday of each month

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by veronica73, Oct 14, 2012.

1. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

A few months ago some of us formed an in-person TMS support group for those in the Boston area. We've met a few times since then and will be meeting the fourth Thursday of each month from 7 - 9pm.

Our next meeting is Thursday, October 25, from 7 - 9pm in Brookline. If you would like to attend, please send me or Forest a message here and we'll send you the address.

Let me know if you have any questions.

:) Veronica

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I am really looking forward to this! These gatherings are a great way to interact with other people who have recovered from TMS. If you are in the Boston area, and have any questions about this feel free to ask.

3. Adam CS

Adam CS New Member

Hey there,

I'm really grateful that a group like this exists in Boston. I would love to attend - can you let me know the details of where in Brookline we will be meeting in November?

Adam

4. veronica73

Hi Adam,

I'll let Forest respond to you on the address and the date (I can't make the next one so I forgot when the date is).

Welcome to the forum!

5. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Hi: Please post the November meeting date, time and venue.
    Thanks

6. Forest

I have the next meeting marked down for Thursday November 29th from 7-9 in Brookline. If you are free shoot me a message and I will send you the address. I hope you can make it!

7. Stella

Stella Well known member

I would like to do something like this in my city. My physical Therapist and I have discussed this. How did you find/recruit other people? How do you decide what the agenda is and who facilitates?

8. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Thanks Forest. Where in Brookline is the meeting?

9. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

Where is this meeting please tell me its still going on. I live in boston.

10. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

I just wish they have something like this in my city Dallas, TX. Forest please let us know how we can interact.

brendan537 likes this.
  11. Forest

Hi Brendan, unfortunately, there isn't one. Veronica moved on and I decided that I could help people more by focusing on this site.

Also, chatting about TMS doesn't always help. Therapy should be done by trained therapists, so what is the role of a peer in TMS treatment? Inspiration can help, and the forum works well for that, doing so simultaneously for people worldwide. (Ultimately, after what you get from books, reading the forum, and starting several threads, you can't rely on others for hope antway - everyone must find that strength inside themselves.) Peers can also offer ideas and tips, and the forum works well for that as well. The bottom line is that in terms of the good that can be done in 5 hours of volunteered time, the forum just works much better.

brendan537 likes this.
  12. veronica73

Hi Brendan, As Forest mentioned I haven't been very active here lately (I've been pain free for several years now). Feel free to inbox me if you want--I still check messages.
    Hope you feel better soon!

brendan537 likes this.
  13. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

And I am a Boston resource, too! I will help anyone.
    Mary

brendan537 likes this.
  14. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Make sense absolutely!

15. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

If anyone in Boston needs support please private message me. "This ain't my first rodeo" as they say.

16. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I am a Boston guy to