1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Book review subforum

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Ellen, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I am thinking it would be useful to start a subforum for book reviews. I think with what Herbie refers to as "knowledge therapy" being so important in TMS healing, it would be useful to go to one location and see what others have to say about a particular book before we decide whether to purchase it or not. I suppose it could be broadened to include other forms of media as well.

What do others think?

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think that's a great idea. I'm always looking at reviews on amazon to gauge whether to buy a book or cd - I would much rather have feedback from the folks on here. Perhaps it could include books, cds, and even Drs or therapists or self-help websites or youtube vids? I have bought far too many meditation cds recently - and could of done with some advice on what was effective!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This is so awesome Ellen and hectate105- it is the knowledge therapy that heals
    I know that sounds way out there but it is exactly what the good doctor said and is famous for.

Now I would love to see books and reviews that have helped others make huge gains
    and also reviews on the ones that really were eye openers ya know.
    Ive read many books and I cant get enough of threads about good , powerful books
    that reach in and touch your spirit ya know

This will be a good one guys, you are super- the idea is done.

hecate105 likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I also think that that is a terrific idea. Let's try it out. Herbie and I just went ahead and created the subforum.

When I've looked at other forums like this, they usually have one thread per book. For example, rather than having 3 different threads about The Great Pain Deception, they would put all three reviews into one thread. That way, if someone wants to read all three, they will be in the same thread and the reader won't be confused if different posts refer to one another since they will be in chronological order. I think that this would be a great thing for us to do as well.

I look forward to seeing what we come up with!

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Ok guys I've just started Abraham lows book ( Self Help for Fear and Anger)
    this morning and I've already gotten some good tools to work with.
    Like when we move our bodies it helps our mind to recondition our body.
    So im excited about the next chapter- ill keep you all up to date with more total tools soon,
    I also posted a thread about this subject today here

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/abraham-low-muscle-control.3007/#post-17504
    Ill let you know more soon as I run into good solid wisdom to talk about-
    and ill give a review of the chapters I've read.
    Thanks