1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

beginners' luck?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by futuredancer, Mar 12, 2013.

1. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

I wonder if that happened to anyone else. Right on the 2nd day of the tms wiki structured program, I had like a 2-hour disappearance of all pain but then it came back and since then I didn't feel any significant improvement. The fact that it disappeared for those 2-hours while I was working with the TMS concepts is a good indication that it is indeed TMS I am suffering from but since then (about a week ago) I haven't been able to counter-attack the TMS strategy again.

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I did notice at about Day 3 of the SEP that I started feeling 'different' (i.e. a new mood). I think what it was was that I was feeling more relaxed as I started to stop repressing my emotions. It came as a revelation that I must have been doing that for a long, long time. My TMS pain didn't vanish, but I did start walking around more smoothly I think. Sometimes TMS vanishes quickly 'in the twinkle of an eye', and sometimes it takes months or even years to resolve. You just don't know. But that 'opening' you experienced - that pain-free period - is something you can build on and expand. If you did it once, why not again? I think the more time you spend pain-free, the more the TMS conditioning breaks down and stops perpetuating itself. In any event, it sounds to me like you're off to a very, very good start. Keep at it. I'm sure you will succeed. ;)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

Thanks for sharing your experience with me, Bruce, and for the encouragement! :)