1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Been 3 months since I started. Best 3 months of being free of back pain BUT

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by polution, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. polution

polution New Member

Hey I read Sarno's book 3 months ago and am so amazed at the results. I've had 20 plus years of chronic lower back pain. Today I'm feeling pain free from what I used to get (spasms). This is the most I've played basketball and martial arts in a long time and I'm loving it.

However, I've noticed that my lower back is really tight. Almost as if there's a big piece of tape strapped onto my lower back. The best way to describe it is if I try and do knee hugs while lying on the floor, my back is really tight down there and there's some pain, but not the same spasm pain. More muscle tightness pain.

Has anyone else had this? Got this?
    Any suggestions?

Also if I do the cat cow pose I can really feel it. Only when I arch my back up to the ceiling while on all fours.

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    polution likes this.
  3. polution

polution New Member

Good question. I don't often do these stretches anymore. It was only after I figured out my back felt tight and uncomfortable when I arched the lower back.

I guess my question is... Should my back feel tight like that Is that normal? I was trying to stretch it out to make it loose.

I do want to improve flexibility for my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training. It just feels stiff and tight.

4. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    polution likes this.
  5. polution

polution New Member

Awesome BeWell,

thanks for the advice. I will treat the tightness/stiffness as TMS now. I believe I wasn't seeing it as TMS. I was only seeing the spasms as TMS.

From now on I will tackle the stiffness as TMS.

I am also dumbfounded at the amazing results. Most people I tell about it, don't take me seriously. BUT man after 20 years of chronic pain... surely they believe me when they see me playing full on basketball, full on jiu jitsu and full on boxing! Haven't been able to do that in sooo long. My wife is soooo happy with the results as she has walked with me through this pain since we met.

So many people I know, know about my past back pain. I was at a wedding in the weekend and I went to pick up a couple of big boxes and my brother says "Be careful bro, your back".... They've got it ingrained in their heads that I'm the guy with the weak back.