1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Beating TMS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by bigboss2, Sep 30, 2019.

1. bigboss2

bigboss2 Newcomer

Hello everyone,

My name is Brandon and I am in the process of beating TMS. Prior to starting this program I had already read Dr. Sarno's book and watched the documentary 'All the Rage'. I had immediately started recovering after I began reading the book and over the last few weeks my confidence in my TMS self-diagnosis has risen to the point where I am almost completely positive.

I am probably at about 5-10% of my pain level that I had been experiencing for the last year and a half. I have done the typical MRI's, x-rays, physical therapy, chiropractors, etc. and nothing had gave me any relief until reading Dr. Sarno's book. My issue was psoas muscle pressure/pain near my iliacus on both sides whenever I would sit for any amount of time and got worse the longer I sat. I also had QL tightness in my right QL after standing for a few minutes. My tightness has since disappeared and I am able to sit for any amount of time without hardly ever thinking about my pain/discomfort.

I am looking forward to completing this program in order to completely get rid of that 5-10% pain I still have left at times. Since finishing the book my QL tightness has completely vanished and all that really bothers me is occasionally my psoas muscles. My life was completely consumed by my pain and I had to give up pretty much everything I cared about over the last year and a half. Now my life is pretty much back to normal. Dr. Sarno has given me my life back!

ssxl4000 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hi Brandon, it's great to hear how much progress you've already made! My only advice off the start would be to not rush the treatment. Go at your own pace, and don't worry if your recovery does not proceed at a steady pace. You're already most of the way there!