1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Beat TMS successfully once before...now back with a vengeance

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by John Gibson, May 15, 2013.

1. John Gibson

John Gibson New Member

Hey peeps,

Thanks to this forum and wiki, I beat a nasty RSI issue that I had been dealing with for years. I had the classic TMS profile: no structural abnormalities, no clear injury, goodist/perfectionist. Tried EVERYTHING...until discovering Sarno's diagnosis, which finally worked. Now, though, this F'ING TMS is back! Now, though, it's in my back and shoulder. Another classic TMS profile: no real initial injury, comes and goes, doesn't hurt during physical activity, only hurts the day after, etc. I have had a shoulder MRI and nothing was seen. I go to the Dr and the pain "magically" disappears in the doctor's office. This time, though, I am finding it harder to beat. Is it possibly because I have beat it before and now my brain is like "Well, you have beat it before. Why are you having trouble with it again?". I guess all I am looking for is a pep talk to help me get rid of this again. Any help is appreciated....

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Has anything happened in your life in the past few weeks that could have triggered this pain? If it's in your shoulder, do you feel you are carrying a heavy burden in your life?