1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

avoiding replaces - total control of the subconscious mind, anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by tmstruth, Sep 9, 2019.

1. tmstruth

tmstruth New Member

Hello,

I've been pain free for 3 years, until now. It was a long battle, but finally I was cured, or I think I was. I manage to be cured from extreme TMS , which affected my whole body, by distracting my mind with things I loved doing... This TMS'forum topic http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7482 (TMSHelp Forum - What has really helped me) was essential in my recovering, it showed me that pain it is just a subconscious thought, that can be changed/replaced. Unfortunately I got a little bored of those things I used to love doing over these 3 years, and got scared. I got obsessed with the idea of finding different things that made my mind occupied, so I won't fall into TMS anymore. This year, I went on vacations, and I bought one book, the Power of Now Now, but that book, or the effort to be in the now, only increased my fears/pain, form what my mind can do to me. And then I had one thought, one memory about when I was in pain, and than everything escalated to unbearable TMS pain again.

After that thought, I tried everything namely reprogramming my mind with affirmations, and my fear increased, thus my pain also increase. I never had any luck with seeding the subconscious, or meditating. Now I feel trapped by my mind again. I cannot sleep. Fo me pain, is extreme anxiety/fear.

So I ask, how can I avoid these type of relapses like the one I'm having? I had relapses in the past, every time I tried to reprogram my mind, with affirmations, So I would be a stronger person, and more immune to replaces, and to fear, but they made me feel crazy, and therefore, scared.. The only thing that worked for me was always to shift my attention.

How aren't affirmations or seeding the subconscious mind with good thoughts not working for me, or meditation? How can I beat this great subconcious/latent fear that I have since childwood, namely from boredom and now from pain?

As John SArno told us, fear/pain is due to the human condition, well, can't the human condition be altered somehow? Can we deceived our brain with meditation, etc,so we become a stronger person, and in total control of our minds? I mean, I heard many success stories about TMS cure, can anyone tell me success strories in relation to total control of the subconscious mind? Can we be the master of our minds, instead of a victim... I sure feel a victim right now :(

Thanks a lot :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

3. tmstruth

tmstruth New Member

Is not my first time around. I only changed my name here :(

I didn't do the Structured Educational Program? but I battle with chornic pain since 2009, so I learned everything about TMS.

I feel I am running away from my TMS (it seems like the only thing I can do)? Should I run away? The pain is really extreme, and affects my whole body . I also run away from boredom/vacations, because it normally leads to a relapse. I'm in extreme anxiety right now. I just wish I could be stronger so I can handle replapses/boredom better... does meditating helps?

I live a lonely life. And most of the time I’m alone. Can one avoid pain fears spending so much time alone?

There is no specialize TMS dr in my country

4. JanAtheCPA

You need to do the work.

Listen to Dr. Schubiner on the August 28th episode of The Mind And Fitness Podcast. He says you have to do the emotional work.

Listen to Dan Buglio on the September 6 episode of The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs. He says specifically that just reading more books and obtaining more knowledge is not enough and that TMS will continue to come back unless you do the emotional work.

The hosts of both of those podcasts, and all of their guests, tell us, over and over and over again, that we must DO THE EMOTIONAL WORK.

5. tmstruth

tmstruth New Member

But shouldn't I shift my attention from pain, instead? My problem is that I'm very afraid in life, namely of loosing my wife. I'm a very susceptible/sensitive person I start having anxiety issues/depression when I was taken away from my wife, due to her job. We were apart for over 2 years. It all came apart, when my son was born. I had cardiac problems, and then TMS. I felt she changed me for my son. I love my son, don't get me wrong, but my wife was like a mother to me. We were very close. In fact she is the same astral sign of my mother. I treated her like my mother. I was always kissing her in the nose., like I did with my mother.. In fact, this relapse started, because I had to come back earlyer from our vacations, and I felt lonely...

Can one heal forever from TMS, with no relapses? Does steveO, or anyone else had any relapses from TMS? Are their people with TMS that never had relapses?

How can I do the emotional work where I live? Should I do psychotherapy? Can you help me on this?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  6. JanAtheCPA

Sorry I wasn't more clear. Listen to those podcasts, then do the SEP. But you have to do it with commitment and you have to do it with 100% self honesty. And you can't rush through it!

Question: why did you come back here with a different identity? Who were you before?

7. tmstruth

tmstruth New Member

Ok, I ask the moderator to change my user name, but he never did. I asked him several times, because what I'm saying here is too personal. So I created a new account. My name starts with an F, and you can seem me here. I post the last topic: http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2 (TMSHelp Forum - TMSHelp General Forum) :(

How do you free repressed fears? I always had a a latent fear, since I was a child. Yesterday I try to fall a sleep several times, and every time a huge fear stroke me. I start shivering with pain, and goose bumps. In certain situations weather changes provoke me extreme fear... fear is my number one enemy, and always have been. Now I fear pain, and I fear that my wife is too much busy with my son, to come in to my rescue. I also don't want it, because she has big problems of her own :( In the past, trying to get rid of my fears, alone, made me feel more fear... I try doing affirmations, but I felt crazy, strange, which made me more fear... Please help me...

My pain is like when you freeze in fear, only this time is continuously :(

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  8. tmstruth

tmstruth New Member

Oh My GOD, this post saved my life. I feel so HAPPY :) :

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/am-i-repressing-fear.8666/ (Alex B. - Am I repressing fear?)

Thank you guys, thank you Dr. Sarno, thanks WORLD... Yesterday I slept like a charm after reading this.

Now I understand why Tenis Tom, sometimes fight with people that start distorting what Dr. SArno (or the good Dr) said, like talking about exotic things, such as accupuncture, etc, for a person to free from pain. It is much simpler.

You just apply what Dr. Sarno said and you get free from pain. In my case i just had to free my self from my repressed fear, and boom, the pain was gone :)

I'M CURED AGAIN thanks to a wonderful man, called Dr. Sarno

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019