1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

At my wits end, a gamer in need

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Segastar, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Even though I haven't started the SEP, I have noticed some improvement in my hands but now I still got a nagging back pain. When I was on that medicine I mentioned I think I pulled a muscle or something or tore something in my back and one of its side effects was bone/joint pain so I've tried to slowly resume physical activity but I've had to take a few pain killers cause I'm trying to start the SEP but part of me is still not convinced it's TMS..

What do I do now, I got hand pain somewhat still and a pulled muscle in my back that I've never pulled that could be brought on due to TMS.........

It seems I'm waking up each day with new pains

2. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

110318737_276620423631552_1822265732897414720_n.jpg

This is not fun, but somehow no pain. Can't tell if this a bone or a tendon thing but no pain at all so who knows

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  3. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Does anybody know what this is

4. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Both of my middle fingers are stuck like this, there's no pain and I've been having to do some work but I can't tell if this TMS or not.

Ever since I read Healing Back Pain my body has been all out of wack, from shoulder and back pain.....to now this and I'm really nervous and scared

5. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

I started using gaming as an escape, too. I think a lot of people do, but it can be pretty unhealthy when overdone IMO. I'm actually thinking about quitting multiplayer games for a bit -- not for my hands, but because I do need to spend more time getting my shit together in real life.

6. Hydrlysis

Hydrlysis New Member

I just want to add that calcification of tendons is a normal change in tendons that comes with using the tendon. It does not cause pain. Many people have calcification in their tendons and have no pain.

7. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

Good to know, i did add that bit in cause that person who got it could no longer use a Gamecube controller although now he has been using a controller of his design that's easier for him to use. Obviously its something a lot of gamers don't want to experience

8. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

I've decided to return to this thread cause im pretty much back at my wit's end.....

The pain in my hands that I had originally which I seen a doctor for has gone away.....sorta. it's now manifested into my tendons in my hands being super tight and almost stiff to where gripping things feels almost awkward like I'm gonna drop it. I've posted pictures of what they look like.

My mom keeps telling me all the work I'm doing and the light computer use I still do caused my symptoms. When I was younger she would sometimes not let me go get anything checked out by doctors (even if nothing is wrong I'm the kinda person who likes to be sure nothing is wrong)

On top of all that I hit probably some of the worst depression I've ever experienced the past two weeks from different things.

I want to go back to the hand doctor and just see if he's willing to do any tests. I've read Sarno's books and I've tried to do some journaling but right now I just few awful and I don't know what to do. I'm on my own on this and I'm awful at doing things on my own

9. Kiluah

Kiluah New Member

It sounds like you are not convinced the problem is TMS. Look at a site like the below, this asks some questions and gives you an idea if you could have TMS. You need to gather information to prove to yourself that "this is what it is".

https://www.danbuglio.com/paintest (Take the Pain Test — Dan Buglio - Your Pain Free Coach & TMS Expert)

Also his youtube channel is really good too https://www.youtube.com/c/PainFreeYou/

I was where you are, I had so much pain in my arms and hands I could not even type for 1 minute. I had back pain, shoulder pain, leg pain. I was depressed and even considered suicide. Now, a few months on I am playing the piano as much I want, playing games and typing. Hiking, golfing, the sky is the limit!

I don't say the above to gloat. I simply want to tell you that its possible to get better, but the first and most important step is to BELIEVE that you have TMS. Once you have done that, you can look at the journaling, feeling your feelings etc.

You can do it!

Brendan

10. Segastar

Segastar Peer Supporter

It's mostly fear of doing things cause my middle fingers feel numb a lot and they have like no strength. But also depression kicked in a few weeks ago, and i just feel i have no interest in anything anymore. I don't know if it's COVID or just other things going on in my life, but nothing seems to interest me anymore. Even playing videogames, and playing golf, stuff i usually like doing just don't give me any feelings anymore. I am back working at a job, and i'll admit my mindset has improved, but only slightly. I still feel drained, and hopeless. It's not really about the pain anymore, im just down and depressed on everything. I stopped posting here cause i felt i was just complaining too much.

I really don't know what I'm gonna do going forward.