1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Articular cartilage injury of knee

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Marytabby, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

Hi!
    I have had some good success with TMS over the years.
    Most recent issue is my knee has been swollen and extremely painful for 3 months. It also "catches" on itself and has been really hard to ignore. Just to satisfy my curiosity I had an MRI last week. The film shows cartilage wearing under the kneecap, "like potholes in the cartilage" is what the doc said and He called it "articular cartliage disorder of the knee".

Anyone ever dealt with this or heard of this in our TMS forums?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    Sienna likes this.
  2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Mary, I've not heard of that particular condition, but swelling seems very common with TMS. SteveO has confirmed he's seen it too.

I'm currently working through knee swelling too, so it will be nice to exchange what works. One thing, have you been tested for auto immune or RA? even though I'm working through the TMS methodology, I'm just fascinated if your Dr has attributed the swelling to a condition.

Best regards

3. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

Hi, No there is no RA. X-ray of knee was normal.
    I will keep u posted.

4. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Hi friends,

I also suffer from knee pain and my MRI also showed some cartilage degeneration as well as one injury.

Anyone got some success treating this condition as TMS?

Best

5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Sienna,

Hope you are well.

My knee issues is still a work in progress, (although other symptoms have vanished). I think I'm struggling to fully accept it as TMS, because there is physical wear and tear, although I do believe the causation to be a mind body symptom. I never actually damaged my knee due to an injury.

I know SteveO accepted his knee pain as TMS and if he hears it pops, he just carries on as usual.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Sienna likes this.