1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Arm Pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jake, Oct 19, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Jake

Jake New Member

Hi all. I was wondering if any of you had something similar to my situation. I was walking outside at a faster pace, and as I was moving my arms and I stating getting a muscle pain which was minor and progressively got worse as the days passed. It's clearly a muscle pain in the upper arm Slightly higher that where you would get an injection. I can touch the exact area where the pain emanates. It only hurts when I moved a certain way but is worse when lying down, so I need to be in a certain position. I felt that this is as TMS being that I've had sciatica before which was TMS, I therefore said to myself it's TMS and ignore the pain and it will go away. So I'm using my arm the normal way, but it just got worse but not to the point that I can't use the arm. I did speak to a friend who is a Doctor and he felt that I must have sprained it somehow, although I can't think of anything I did that would sprain the muscle. If it is a sprain, I don't think I should be using the arm the regular way.
    My question is have any of you had pain in the area of the arm that I described above that was associated with TMS? And how long should the process take before getting any relief I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2022
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I've had all kinds of arm pain in different places on both arms that made no sense, and didn't last. I cannot, of course, diagnose your particular pain, as you know.

Well, now, Jake, taking a quick look at the list of your prior posts going back to 2018, I'm pretty sure you know that this is not a question that anyone can answer for someone else. If you've had success in the past, whatever you did then is what you do now.

It takes what it takes, and it depends on your mindfulness and emotional awareness skills. The thing is, I wonder how many of those skills you ever developed if you keep coming back to seek information about detailed physical symptoms.

What I can tell you is that it's common for people who never really did the emotional work to continue having setbacks with new or worse symptoms that can be harder to overcome each time. They eventually realize that just having knowledge, and just ignoring symptoms, isn't enough, and that they have to do the work.

3. Jake

Jake New Member

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping that if I beat it before, I could do it again. I do believe I can!