1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Are symptoms solely b\c of TMS or does TMS ampify existing stuff?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Loui, Aug 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Loui

Loui New Member

Hey,

I'm 33. After having 2 sessions at a chiropractor, my *whole* body began hurting in crazy ways. Before that, I just had a bit of lower back pain and I thought the chiropractor can help with that.
    Now it is about a month after the chiropractor and after doing TMS work - I do feel better but I still have what I understand to be disc herniation problems - tingling \ numbing at certain fingers and places. Before these 2 sessions I never in my life had such symptoms.
    My question is - Can it be that the chiropractor herniated a few discs, something that causes some symptoms and the TMS amplifies it in a dramatic way - or is the TMS the sole cause of the symptoms and it has *nothing to do at all* with disc problems etc. - completely in the mind.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Loui, I really think you'd benefit from reading Steven Ozanich's book: "The Great Pain Deception." Learn from his life. I know I did.
    I still reread it as a reminder to myself.

In short, yes...the brain will take anything that you think of as an "injury" and amplify it. Tingling, numbness, soreness...are very convincing signs that something is wrong, but are almost always the brain latching on to something you fear, and creating a lack of blood flow to that area.

I hope you'll read Steven's book. You'll be amazed by what he came through....SO MANY ISSUES...and is a living testament that none of them lasted once he found out about Sarno and TMS.

Good luck.