1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone with chronic myofascial syndrome

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by browndogisinthehouse, Apr 13, 2016.

1. browndogisinthehouse

browndogisinthehouse Peer Supporter

I have chronic myofascial pain and trigger point's on the neck and shoulder. I wonder if anyone else is having the same symptoms. The fact that trigger point's are essentially caused oxygen starvation as far as I understand is very similar to what Dr Sarno says the mind to distract attention

I wonder if anyone else does that because I don't see any of the posts on that. It would also be good if anyone else experiencing similar symptoms is going to the structured educational program and willing to share his progress.

I am posting my progress on the structured educational program forum

2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Heya, Brown Dog, that was one of my diagnoses for about a decade and a half. I remember reading about the trigger point manual and all, but it never helped. I did get a lot of backrubs from friends in college to loosen the muscles, but of course the help was only temporary at best. If you watch my videos or read my story on my profile, whenever I talk about pain in my back, neck or certain parts of my shoulders, that was diagnosed as MPS.

3. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

Does either of you remember if you have or had a lot of burning? I am trying to figure out if that is what a dr would call it. I have it multiple areas, mostly back hips and legs. The burning is getting worse but the tight feeling in my back is much better. Thoughts?

4. browndogisinthehouse

browndogisinthehouse Peer Supporter

Hello forest,
    Thank you for your response. More importantly thank you for your work in setting up the wiki and the structured educational program. I have yet to see any lasting results but as many of the patients have mentioned this, it has opened up a whole new world of psychological self investigation that I did not know existed

I was actually hoping for patients who has had myofascial Trigger points right now and are going to the program. That way, we can sync up on our progress and share tips.

Hello stay fit 65, I do not have any burning but I do have sensitivity in my index and thumb finger when the pain increases. But yes I have a friend who reports mostly burning and has similar myofacial pain as mine. You can try the yoga poses for stretching the back. In particular the pigeon pose is useful. And of course do the psychological work as recommended. Good luck

5. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

@browndogisinthehouse hi! My TMS is all about shoulder and neck pain. I linger at 90% cured. I didn't do the SEP program but did my own journey into me along with therapy. I continue to actively exercise as I teach and Practice Pilates.
    I'm always open to chatting and being supportive although I will not be going through the program.
    Warmly, Susan

6. marine89

marine89 Peer Supporter

hey, what were your shoilder neck symptoms and what did your pain feel like.. what did you do to get well