1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone experienced OCD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, May 9, 2022.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hi everyone. I have been really struggling with ocd for a long time. today I have this ocd thoughts that if I mention “I don’t want to have an earthquake” 3 times while ending on 6 then there will be an earthquake or if I do the same with 7 it will be the same.

So my mind wants me to keep going without stopping on 6 or 7

I have created that 6= bad or devil

while 7 = good or God.

3= perfection

so if I say “I don’t want to have an earthquake” 6 or 7 times while thinking of 3 there could be one.

my therapist appointment is this thursday. I dont want an earthquake to happen and im panicking.

Now I said something around 3-4 times and earlier I ended around if im correct at 6. that's 6 and 3 and my mind is like if in the future an earthquake happens it's because of you.

2. twocups88

twocups88 Well known member

Yes I have. The compulsions were mental. Look up Mark Freeman on YouTube. He worked wonders for my OCD.

3. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Do the structured education programme... Try and concentrate on that....
    All numbers are good.... 3 doubled is 6 .......
    If you do the work and see your therapist you can change this....you are a good person.... ,