1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

anyone experience mental exhaustion instead of physical?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jun 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

hello guys! i do have ocd and currently have mental exhaustion most of the times and sometimes physical. majority of the times if i workout i feel worst, i need naps, feel really tired, lazy. right now im in my sofa with mental exhaustion. i sleep around 6 hours a night and naturally wake up at around 6 am. i am constantly thinking and right now i feel like i don’t know what to do with my life when it comes to what to study. i got a bachelor in something i don’t like much and im 28. anyone else have almost or had these experience? i think i will take a bodyweight exercise break because im even doing it now and my head is starting to hurt and feel exhausted even early on.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. Sita

Sita Well known member

Hi,

You have the potential to flip it, so you'll be able to experience calmness the majority of time (if not all the time). Go out in nature and for 5 min./day do not think in terms of "I, me, mine"... just immerse in the present moment, in the now. Do it for 5 min a day (no negative thinking, not worrying, just float in the moment, look at the sky, listen to the birds, feel the peace and calmness, it's there). Continue with this practice and then increase to 10 min/day, every day until you can do it for a whole day without worrying at all. So one day a week you'll be in calmness all day long. Or most of the time anyway. You'll be able to flip it, just do the work. Be patient. This technique helped me.

All the best!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    TG957 likes this.
  3. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

thanks for replying!