1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else have sore throat or throat pain as a tms symptom?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by samuelp180, Jul 5, 2020.

1. samuelp180

samuelp180 Peer Supporter

Really bad flare up this 4th of July weekend. Trying to not be scared or anything but it’s really hard. Extreme sore throat. A sore throat is a usual symptom for me and I am not sick or anything. Does anyone else have sore throats all the time or often?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't know if this is relevant or not, BUT I have had dried out hoarse throat for a few weeks now. I believe it is from DEET in the bug sprays I use on myself because I am outdoors a lot. I made the connection several years ago... I Wondered why my throat was always gunked up and painful when it was hot and humid out....noticed it was worse on bug-days (me being in the woods, out in unmowed grass,etc)

I try and use non-DEET alternatives but we have horrible chiggers here in Tennessee from May to August. One good infestation will make the trade for a sore throat seem like a good deal. DEET is so toxic it can melt polyurethane and lacquer.

MY GF has been having the same symptoms and we use the same stuff but she is certain she has corona....she also loved the media. Just thought I'd toss that out there

3. kimbob369

kimbob369 New Member

HI..
    I have it now and have had it on and off a lot. Mine is more of the inner throat not the surface. I feel like there is a lump with gunk running down there.. Maybe from a post nasal drip, but I've been plagued by them. At times it feels swollen when I am eating.