1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else had a Total Thyroidectomy? (Not just hypothyroidism)

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by theroomstoocold, Aug 7, 2019.

1. theroomstoocold

theroomstoocold New Member

I have searched here and only came up with 1 result.
    I am looking to hopefully connect with others who have TMS, and have had a total thyroidectomy.
    (Not just hashimotos or hypo/hyperthyroidism.)

Having your thyroid completely removed affects every hormone process in your entire body. Replacing such a very vital gland can very much effect emotions and moods. That and having to be on hormone replacement for the entirety of your life now.

I am finding it extremely hard to deal with such a change since losing my thyroid and having cancer.
    My blood levels are not always perfectly in range, but even when they are, my moods and hormones are still not correct and there's nothing my endocrinologist has to offer me because this is the unfortunate way it is after losing this gland and now relying on a man made substance to take its place.
    My moods and emotions have gotten tenfold worse and unpredictable since the surgery happened.

I would love to connect to someone else who has had the same procedure as I and how they are handling their symptoms from losing such a vital gland along with trying to recover from TMS and get out of pain.

Any help would be helpful.