1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Else Going Through Menopause?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Anne Walker, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

There are days I feel like I am starting to get a handle on the TMS and then I get slammed with perimenopausal symptoms. I have a book "Mind over Menopause" and from reading that I feel like TMS could really intensify the symptoms. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this. I was having a really good day and now I am really shaky and can barely see straight.

2. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

I'm just barely into my forties, so not yet, but I'm SO grateful to have found out about TMS when I did! I think it could certainly create some symptoms and intensify others. (You know, since it's so sneaky and it likes to attack us in areas that "makes sense" so we don't suspect TMS.)

My mom had an awful time during menopause and I feel like it was mainly because of all the stressful situations she kept putting herself in, plus a lot of baggage from her childhood (most of which she still hasn't let go of, at almost 62). I'm hoping to smooth my own way considerably, so I'd be very interested in what others might have to add to this thread. I hope you have a better evening, Anne :)

Lotus likes this.
  3. tarala

tarala Well known member

Been there, done that, and YES! TMS always flared up symptoms for me. I think I take a broader view of TMS than most, though, in that I think any condition is exacerbated, or even caused, by stress and unresolved emotion. But I am a bit extreme in the "mind over matter" camp. :p

Lotus and NolaGal like this.
  4. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Anne, This book was very helpful to me...What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Perimenopause. He has one on menopause too. I'm nearly 50 so I've been riding this wave for a bit. Based on this doc's recommendation, I've been using a natural progesterone cream. (He has recommended brands in the resource section.) I think it is helpful overall. I think more helpful though, is understanding TMS.
    This doc does not treat menopause like something that needs to be, uh, treated. ;) But by supplementing with progesterone cream, you can soften the effects of estrogen dominance...something that is prevalent when the cycles and symptoms start getting more wonky.
    Hope that helps!

5. honeybear424

honeybear424 Well known member

I have used the natural progesterone cream (bio-identical from a pharmacy) off and on over the years and never found it has helped much at all. It's been big disappointment to me since I read that book by Dr. John Lee many years ago and hoped it would be an answer. I'm treating the TMS instead.

Lotus and North Star like this.