1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

an answer came! regarding patience: put some love into it

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Electric_Boutique, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Electric_Boutique

Electric_Boutique New Member

Its so weird how some concepts are simple, but inspired. I was about to ask the forum how I can derive more patience with myself regarding all things: pain, but also my inconsistencies and frustrations with myself and those around me.

I had the inspired thought: put some love into it. (I was cooking) my ex used to say his meals were amazing cause he 'put love into it' they always did taste SO amazing.

I know that I need to learn to love myself but when i'm triggered with an annoyance, frustration, anxiety, anger or the like it might not be the time to completely "love myself" but I can when I'm chilling out, cleaning, cooking, or petting my dogs.

I don't have kids, so I can't practice patience through them; but there is no shortage of opportunity I assure you. I am a typical type A TMS'er, that experienced a lot of physical abuse, neglect, and the like from a very early age.

It's not a scientific breakthrough as to why I don't understand how to love myself properly, and nurture myself.

Miraculously, what I have done is pursued my interests and bettered myself every step of the way, even though I've had chronic pain since my 20's. At 45, it's time to deal with it.

I have a shoulder pain that is creeping up right now just talking to you all!!!

If you've had breakthrough's in loving yourself, healing yourself, and with cultivating patience I would love to hear them. For now, I just try and hope that a successful outcome will emerge for myself - with these small breakthroughs of material that I've heard in many forms before.

PS y'all I"ve been on a glorious instagram sabbatical cause I was obsessing on it!!! YAY! One small step for mankind.

2. David88

David88 Well known member

Congrats on the Instagram success. Computers can be great, but they're also a source of unhealthy distraction. I'm a YouTube addict myself.

I've found that recovering from TMS is a constant exercise in practicing self-compassion. I too suffered from neglect as a child. It can make you very hard on yourself.

It sounds like you're doing great!